Search

Fire alarm shouts. 'Building collapse' sounds in the distance.

 

Photo by BBC Leicester 

One person is feared to have been injured after a city centre building collapsed this morning, it is reported. Shocked witnesses in Leicester thought a loud bang this morning was an explosion, but since spotted emergency services swarm a nearby building and are treating it as an accident.

The cause of the building collapse is being investigated. However, it is known that part of the structure did fall on someone.

The area has a busy vibrancy, with a variety of shops and restaurants. At least one ambulance and one fire engine are seen on the pedestrianised street near a bank, a beauty spa and other establishments.


Photo by BBC Leicester 


A crowd has gathered as an operation takes place. Note the police officers, medical personnel and others in the video who are taking care of a man!?

The witness said: "I live nearby and I heard a very loud crash, I thought maybe a bomb or an explosion was going off. I think it was part of the roof that had fallen off. somebody.

"There's a rope in place and the emergency crews are still here. It's amazing to see something like this happen. You wouldn't expect it.

"When I arrived and saw a man being treated. People arrived at the scene very quickly. She was already taken away."

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is currently at the scene of a major incident in Leicester. Five fire engines from five stations are currently responding, as well as a number of ambulance crews. The public is being asked to avoid the area while firefighters deal with this incident

0 Comments

Fire alarm shouts. 'Building collapse' sounds in the distance.

  Photo by BBC Leicester  One person is feared to have been injured after a city centre building collapsed this morning, it is reported. Sho...

 

Photo by BBC Leicester 

One person is feared to have been injured after a city centre building collapsed this morning, it is reported. Shocked witnesses in Leicester thought a loud bang this morning was an explosion, but since spotted emergency services swarm a nearby building and are treating it as an accident.

The cause of the building collapse is being investigated. However, it is known that part of the structure did fall on someone.

The area has a busy vibrancy, with a variety of shops and restaurants. At least one ambulance and one fire engine are seen on the pedestrianised street near a bank, a beauty spa and other establishments.


Photo by BBC Leicester 


A crowd has gathered as an operation takes place. Note the police officers, medical personnel and others in the video who are taking care of a man!?

The witness said: "I live nearby and I heard a very loud crash, I thought maybe a bomb or an explosion was going off. I think it was part of the roof that had fallen off. somebody.

"There's a rope in place and the emergency crews are still here. It's amazing to see something like this happen. You wouldn't expect it.

"When I arrived and saw a man being treated. People arrived at the scene very quickly. She was already taken away."

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is currently at the scene of a major incident in Leicester. Five fire engines from five stations are currently responding, as well as a number of ambulance crews. The public is being asked to avoid the area while firefighters deal with this incident